Leona Ham – Pelvic Floor & Orthopedic Physiotherapist
We are so excited to share with you the MOST experienced Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist in the Okotoks area. Leona Ham, owner of Finishline Physiotherapy, has been seeing patients with pelvic floor dysfunction since 2009. Leona treats women, children AND men. And get this – she is ALSO an amazing Sports Physiotherapist and a certified Complete Concussion Management™ Practitioner. Leona offers services for the following:
- Orthopedic Physiotherapy
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Men’s Pelvic Health Physiotherapy
- Sports Physio & Athletic Physiotherapy
- Prenatal & Postnatal Physiotherapy
- Pediatric Physiotherapy
- Pediatric Pelvic Health Physiotherapy
- Concussion Care
Orthopedic & Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Clinic Hours for Leona
Additional flexible days and hours been added to the schedule during the COVID-19 pandemic to accommodate stringent clinic health and safety requirements. Please contact Leona for alternative appointment times.
- Monday to Friday appointments available
Should you not want to (or can’t) leave your home Leona has options for you.
- Virtual Pelvic Floor Yoga Therapy Classes
- Virtual Consultations that can include exercise and guidance
2020 Class Schedule
Group classes that combine yoga and therapeutic exercises for the pelvic floor. These will focus on prenatal and women of all ages.
PLEASE NOTE: Virtual classes are available. Please contact Leona for more information!
Click HERE for the schedule.
If nothing works for your schedule, Leona is happy to do a 1-1 or small group sessions. Please ask!
- Pelvic Floor Yoga Therapy Group Class
- Level 1 Strength and Balance Pelvic Floor Yoga Therapy Group Class
- Prenatal Pelvic Floor Yoga Therapy Group Class
Leona Ham graduated from the University of Alberta in 2002 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy. Initially as a Certified Athletic Therapist, Leona began her career with a focus in Sports Physical Therapy. After experiencing her own pelvic health struggles, Leona realized her passion for women’s health. She has been seeing patients with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction since 2009.
Leona has attended numerous conferences that focus on pelvic pain, pelvic medicine and continence. She has spoken to various mom groups, doctor’s, the Primary Care Network nurses, female ministry groups in her community and has presented at the Alberta nurses neonatal education day. Leona does free presentations on Pelvic Floor Dysfunction at the Okotoks’ Public Library 2-4 times/year. In addition to seeing patients one on one, she teaches prenatal exercise classes and provides a seminar to educate pregnant women on exercise, posture, movement mechanics, injury prevention and pelvic floor health during and after pregnancy. Leona also enjoys educating others. She consults to the University of Alberta Rehabilitation Medicine Satellite Campus Team in Calgary to help assistant teach in the Bridging Program. Leona has and continues to volunteer as a therapist in a variety of sports and events in her community.
Her Highlights Include:
(1) Traveling to Germany with the Canadian Trampoline and Tumbling team for their world championships in 2003. This was a special moment as Karen Cockburn, one of Canada’s most decorated Olympians, won her first World Championship.
(2) Training the men’s hockey team that won Gold for Team Alberta at the 2003 Canada Games.
(3) Medical trainer with her son and daughter’s Hockey Team in the Okotoks Minor Hockey League.
Leona has a sincere and empathetic approach towards all of her patients. Exercise and activity are important to her and she understands the frustrations women have when their favourite activities are limited due to pelvic health issues or other injuries. Because of this, Leona created her own practice operating as Finishline Physiotherapy with a mission of “Helping individuals Maintain an Active Life.”
Leona has certificates in:
- Women’s Urinary Incontinence
- Bowel and Bladder Dysfunction
- Pelvic pain
- Level 2 Certification in Hypopressive technique
- Anatomical Acupuncture Certificate
- Level 1 Visceral Therapy
- Paediatric Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Certificate,
- Level 1 Certificate in Visceral Fascial Treatment for Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- PYTI-c Yoga Therapy Certificate
- Rost Therapy Pregnancy Related Pelvic Girdle Pain Certificate
- Antony Lo Courses – Bullet Proof Your Pelvic Floor and The Female Athlete
- Level 3 Certificate in Manual therapy from and accredited International
- Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physiotherapists (IFOMPT)